Sunday, June 23, 2013

Day 171, 172, 173

Sorry, we had a very busy weekend, so I haven't really had a lot of time to blog, so here it is:

Friday, we decided to go to the Summer in the City parade in Middleburg Heights, I thought that it would be a great time to let Iris play with my camera a little.  We have never allowed her to play with it before, because it was our only camera, and while it is still our only dedicated camera, this one is 6 years old, it has been dropped countless times, the sensor is a little wonky, and now we use our phones almost exclusively for picture taking.  I figured that if it took a drop or two while Iris was holding it, it really wouldn't hurt it much, if any, more.  So, here is a parade, through the eyes of a four year old.  (btw, she was really interested in taking pictures, how to hold it, how to actually take pictures, and how to turn on and off the camera.. i was really impressed)

(First car of the parade)

County Executive 
Cool stilt walkers 



Of course she had to get a picture of the tractor :-p 
So after looking at these, i'm really impressed, I think she can focus a camera better than i can! 


Saturday:  We went to Buckin' Ohio which ended up eating up most of our day (and night) thankfully, the girls sat down at the table early in the day with a bunch of foam stickers and made amazing "bug" murals (if you can call them that?) with a bunch of old bug foamies that I was getting ready to throw away.  I think they found every single one in the bucket that actually stuck to use on their papers.  It was super cute, they were both very proud of them, however, sorry, I didn't get pictures :(

Sunday:  Today, Iris came up with the idea of making a "Sword Plane" I told her, "Sorry kid, I don't think that is going to happen" but her daddy, the amazing man that he is, happens to be an RC plane enthusiast, found a plane that looks somewhat like a "sword".  So, they sat at the table and diligently drew, cut out, and colored the entire plane.  The girls absolutely loved it.  They thought it was really cool, though I think they like doing crafts with him because it is something different- and they absolutely adore him.  Once Mike e-mails me the pictures of it, i'll add them to here.

No comments:

Post a Comment