Monday, June 10, 2013

Day 160: Flip Flop Wreath pt 1

This is a craft that I have wanted to do for quite awhile, but I have been too cheap to spend 2+/pair of flipflops and needing 5+ pair, plus a wreath.  But, yesterday, Michael's had flipflops on sale for 1.50/pair.  So, i bit the bullet, bought 7 pair, and used a 50% off coupon for a cardboard-like wreath.

Today, the girls and I painted the wreath a very bright blue, let it dry, then glued the flipflops to the wreath.  It turned out super cute, but I haven't had a chance to get decent pictures of it.  Besides, next week, when we have a little more money in the budget, i'm going to buy some fun flowers/gems and decorate the sandals.  For now, i'm going to go upstairs, curl up with a book and read- after I ran 2 miles, I think i've earned it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment