Friday, August 2, 2013

Days 212/213

212:  The girls decided to finish their Cinderella/Minnie mouse pictures yesterday.  I have been feeling super under the weather this week, so, I let that be craft yesterday.  Honestly, they were back at it today, starting on the second sheets in their coloring boxes.  Those were MAJOR hits!


213: Christmas in.. August?  Yup, that's right, we made Christmas ornaments today.  I was at Hobby Lobby today looking for white pottery to try that "sharpie marker and bake it" craft thing.  Well, as I was roaming the aisles, I found these ceramic- preglazed- bulbs.  I decided to try the idea on something small scale first, so i picked up three bulbs.  I used a mini muffin tin to hold the bulbs in place while they baked (350 for 30 minutes) i think i would do them for 40-45 minutes next time.  The ink MAINLY set, but not completely.  If you look closely, the g in Lustig started rubbing off after it cooled off and i tried to see how "permanent" it was.   Pre and post- baking photos follow...



No comments:

Post a Comment