Tuesday, August 6, 2013

4 Days to catch up on

Sorry about the delay- I will admit, I was in a bad mood Saturday and just did not want to blog.  Sunday/Monday I honestly just forgot until about 10:30 when we were getting ready for bed, and last night, I didn't get home until 10 and was EXHAUSTED.  So, without further delay, here they are:

Saturday

Well, Saturday was the first saturday of the month, so if you are a follower of this blog, you know what it means: HOME DEPOT DAY!  I know that the kids are actually starting to look forward to going to Home Depot each month.  They can't wait to see what is going to happen and they love it!  I am seriously starting to think about picking up a job at Home Depot lol.  This month, the kids got to make the "Rent Me Hourly" trucks... We have gotten good at this process too, we realize that we take the wheels home with us put them on AFTER they've dried.  The kids couldn't wait to get them on.  Iris' truck is sitting on the couch right now. They are well loved toys.


Sunday

Sunday slipped away from us quickly.  Penny ended up falling asleep before dinner and didn't wake up until after 7 a.m. Monday!  So, Iris and I made bathtime finger puppets out of an old rubber glove.  I cut the fingers off, and we decorated them with Sharpie markers.  I made a little girl, Iris just colored red blobs on them, but, they have played with them in the tub every night since Sunday :)

Monday

I had a Pampered Chef meeting to go to last night, so the girls worked on Sticker/Coloring sheets.  Penny won a felt coloring sheet at our family reunion on the 27th and I thought it would be a neat craft to let her do since she has never gotten to do one of those felt coloring pages.  In the big bag of stuff that Ama gave the girls, I found some Princess foam stickers, so I gave Iris markers and stickers and told her to make something pretty.  Here is what the girls came up with :)


Tuesday

Last night, Mike told me he had a sweet tooth and asked me to bring home some goodies from the Pampered Chef meeting.  So i loaded up a bowl of all sorts of sweets, and he ate some last night and took some to work today.  Well, the girls saw the cupcake this morning before we drove him to work and they wanted it.  It was going to be a disaster since it was hot in the venue last night and the icing had melted all over the paper, so i told them we would bake a treat today.  Thankfully, I usually keep a box or two of cake mixes/brownies/etc in the cupboard for just these occasions.  Today, we made swirl brownies.  Iris made the brownie part- she got to add all the ingredients and mix them all together and then Penny got to make the swirl topping.  Penny helped plop all the topping onto the brownies and then both girls swirled it in with a little help from me.  I must say, they are good bakers, they were delicious brownies!

You know, I think it is not so much the fact that I have to blog that keeps me from blogging.  Even though i am no longer having picture "issues" i think i avoid blogging because the pictures take so long to upload from e-mail to the computer, then load from the computer to Blogger, then organize on blogger... Yeah, it is probably sheer laziness, but i just don't enjoy doing that part.  Obviously the writing isn't what keeps me from doing it, I love to write about as much as I love to talk hehe



No comments:

Post a Comment